This document defines the scope of privacy and degree of confidentiality protecting the information which the User inputs during account registration at the Websites or Applications and normal use of the services, programs and facilities of Cogent websites and application. At any time the User can, at his/her discretion, allow or forbid the collection and use of his/her personal information. Our legal basis for the collection of user data is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR and the customer's consent.
Cogent (hereinafter "Company") is committed to protecting the privacy of information that we collect from and about our website visitors, our cloud based solutions and our mobile applications available in iOS and android platforms which stores the data in our cloud server. Cogent's customer is responsible for protecting the privacy of information that was collected through the Cogent's software products which have been installed at the customer premises. This document contains the rules upon which such information is gathered and used. These rules apply to any personal and non personal information gathered at and/or by the Company.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- The Company requires Users who register to use its services ("Services") offered on the website to give contact information, such as their name, company name, address, phone number, and email address, and qualification and billing information (if require), such as billing name and address, and the number of users within the organization that will be using the services. At the time you express interest in attaining additional information, or when you register for the service, we may also ask for additional personal information, such as title, department name, fax number, or additional company information, such as annual revenues, number of employees, or industry. Users can update their personal information at any time by logging into the website and editing their Personal Information within setup. Users can view their updated profile to confirm their edits have been made.
- On our web applications, contact and identity information such as Name, mobile number, email, Government ID number, Photo, etc. about the visitor would be captured.
- On our mobile apps, we have option to collect to the data from the Phonebook or contact data and camera based on the contact selected by the user. Cogent mobile application for Android helps users to automatically read our business related OTP SMS text messages.
- On our social distancing app, We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our application users. In this app, we are capturing only the Name, Mobile Number & Email address of you and sending OTP & verification link to the registered mobile & email address respectively.
- Use of Personal Data
- When you sign up into our application services, we will store your data on our database to enable us to provide those services and to improve those services by making them more relevant.
- We will only send you information if you have given us your consent.
- We do not share user data with third parties except as described in this notice
- Protection of your Personal Information
- We will not use your personal data other than for the purposes described in this notice.
- Except as described above, we will not sell your personal data or share it with any third parties.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
2. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- The Company also collects non-personal information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous Platform you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your Internet protocol (IP) Address, browser type, browser language, referring URL, features accessed, errors generated, time zone, geo-location data, operating system information, and other such information that is transmitted in the header of the user's HTTP request ("Non-Personal Information"). Non-Personal Information cannot be easily used to personally identify the User.
- We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to understand the functionality of our application and any crashes on your mobile device. When you use our mobile applications we may also collect your city location, device model and version, OS version and Cogent Subscription Service credentials.
- Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted by your browser after the end of your visit to our website. Session cookies provide us with information about visitor behavior on our website, which we analyze. With the knowledge gained, we will make our websites more user-friendly, place important content on the most popular pages and develop our marketing strategies according to the interests of our target audience. Other cookies are stored longer on your device and allow us to recognize you as a user during a subsequent visit to our website. We do not pass on information that we receive through our cookies to third parties. By using the
"Incognito" or "Private" mode of your browser, or by means of adjusting the settings in your browser, you can prevent the installation of cookies. As a result, some of the facilitation of operating our website will no longer work.
- In general, you can visit cogent websites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, our web servers automatically collect the domain names/IP Address of visitors. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information which is used to measure our services, evaluate performance and improve our content/services.
3. USE OF USER'S INFORMATION:
The Company uses the information that it collects to set up services for its Users. Users' email addresses and any personal customer information will not be distributed or shared with third parties except to the extent necessary to provide the User with a requested service, or under circumstances required by law. The Company will disclose User's personal information when we believe in good faith that any applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it, or where the Company believes disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce its rights or the rights of another user. We also disclose aggregated User statistics in order to describe our services and reach to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties. However, aggregate data is not traceable to the User specifically. The Company may use contractors to help us with our operations. Some or all of these contractors may access our databases of user information. These contractors will enter into an agreement with the Company that places restrictive provisions on their use and disclosure of all information they obtain through the relationship. The Company may share personal information with global partners for the purpose of providing Users with high quality, localized service. The Company may use Non-Personal Information to track the use of our websites or applications and for other internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Services and the Website/Application. Our mobile application handles camera sensor data for capturing the photo of the visitor. It also handles the phonebook in which user will select the contact from their mobile contacts for creating visitor appointments.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS:
Our websites may contain links to other websites or applications. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites or applications. Users and visitors must check the policy statement of these others websites or applications to understand their policies. Users and visitors who access a linked websites or applications may be disclosing their private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confident.
5. OPT-OUT POLICY:
- We will provide you access to your personal data stored by us at any time. If you wish, you will receive it in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. We will be happy to correct, edit, limit, or delete your personal data at your request, provided that no statutory storage requirements are in conflict, or forward them to another responsible office. If your personal data stored with us has been processed incorrectly, out-of-date, or unlawfully, you can restrict its processing by us. Finally, you may change or revoke your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time with future effect. To contact us for any of these concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our legal basis for the disclosure, correction, deletion, limitation of processing and data transmission is the respective request of the data subject.
- Users can opt out of being contacted by the company, or receiving information from the Company, at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. The Website/Application offers its visitors and Users a means to choose how it may use information provided. If, at any time after registering for information or ordering services, the User changes his mind about receiving information from www.usetouchpoint.com or about sharing your information with third parties, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to complain about the improper processing of your personal data (such as collection, storage, modification, transfer, deletion, etc.) by emailing us at email@example.com.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER:
7. PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION:
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
8. COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES:
9. RETENTION, DELETION OR BLOCKING OF DATA:
We adhere to the principles of purpose limitation and data minimization. Therefore, we only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned here or as long as the many storage periods required by law. After discontinuation of the respective purpose or expiry of these deadlines, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions. Our legal basis for the deletion or blocking of personal data is Art. 5 (1) b) GDPR and Art. 5 (1) c) GDPR.
10. FORUMS AND INTERACTIVE SERVICES:
There may be social media features and interactive services within our websites and applications, such as blogs, chat rooms, forums, instant messaging, Facebook like button & widgets, etc., and other service member zones that allow them to input their data, details, materials, comments or other similar communications. Using such services, the User should realize that they are open for wide access and review, and any personal data that he/she published become viewable by third parties. The Company is not responsible for the security of the User's information that is passed by the User to third parties or provided during use of such services. Materials that will be placed by the User in such areas of the Website will be stored in systems of Company for an indefinite time, if otherwise not directly documented in each particular case.
11. MINOR USERS:
The Company does not intend to and will not purposely collect, require or request personal information from persons under 18 years of age without permission from parent or legal guardian. If the User is a minor, he/she should not enter his/her personal information or use our websites or applications in any way prior to obtaining the consent of the parent or legal guardian.
12. CHANGES TO THESE RULES: